C/2002 C1 (Ikeya-Zhang) near M31, telelens photograph, April 4th
- Instrument: Nikkor-Q Auto 135mm f/2.8 telephoto lens
- F/stop: f/4
- Exposure: 12.5 minutes
- Film: Kodak Ektachrome E200
- Exposure start: 21:03 MESZ
- Date: April 4, 2002
- Location: Gschwendt, Lower Austria
- Conditions: Visual limiting magnitude 5.0 mag, seeing ?, temperature 2.5°C, no wind, no dew
- Autoguider: Meade Pictor 216, max. error: 3
- Enhancement: Adobe Photoshop 6.0
- Notes: M31, the Great Andromeda Galaxy, is the lengthy speck of light to the right and below the comet.
The blue plasma trail and the slightly red dust tail of the comet are easily separated.
Print Purchase Info